New Features in Previous Versions
* A secondary satellite position and footprint can now be
on each of the maps.
prediction tables can now be
* A progress indicator is now displayed during long printouts, with an option
to cancel if you get tired of waiting.
now displays a more relevant starting point for help information for each
* Station automation via
feature to run DOS or Windows programs at specified times relative to AOS for a
* Doppler shift and path loss can now be
for uplink, downlink, or transponder delta frequency.
Two bug fixes should be mentioned:
* The epoch was incorrectly updated when the UTC offset was non-zero. This has
now been fixed (Satellite window).
* Permanent color changes for the maps have been restored. This feature got
lost about v 2.6.
information (including velocity components) can now be
Both EFG and ECI
state vector files
is also possible.
Alternate satellite information
databases such as "The Satellite Encyclopedia" may now be accessed directly.
* The "Phase" information group in the
is now the "Orbit" group, and includes the
This option requires the files
to provide the proper information on spacecraft attitude. A sample file is
* Crude calculation of spacecraft antenna and observer antenna
group in the Info Window. See
for details. Groundplane, turnstile, omnidirectional, and steerable antennas
* Added a new window arrangement option: "Stack", in the
* The lines of latitude and longitude can now be
for creating cleaner maps for export.
* Improved timekeeping for real time mode on slow computers. The program will
now skip one or more intervals if it gets behind.
* Orbit number (Rev) and Mean Anomaly (MA) now updated properly with SGP/SGP4
of other Keplerian Elements with SGP/SGP4 models is improved.
* Fixed crash when
selected while using non-USA date formats.
* Fixed bug that prevented proper element update after propagation to specified
Other New Items:
* A companion program for antenna control (using the Prairie Digital board) and
radio doppler compensation (using serial or parallel ports or the Prairie
Digital board) is available from the author. "Some Assembly Required" !
has finally been included.
* Immediate display of all visible satellites, regardless of whether they are
being tracked in a
may be tracked for antenna or receiver calibration. The algorithm is built-in,
no keps are required.
* Immediate display of all stations in the
visible from a particular satellite for
Latitude and longitude display
and specification made more flexible.
Lat/long displays can be in decimal degrees or degrees, minutes,
seconds; and with choice of +/-, or E/W notation.
Choice of direction for positive longitude (E or W)
Shift-click on a map
adds a point to the
Ctrl-click on a map
changes the observer location.
Lat/long and grid square of the point under the mouse cursor can be
* AOS for next pass now displayed on
* Calculation of
improved (more accurate, some speed up).
to an existing file is added at the end ("append") instead of overwriting the
* Two-line element sets can be
from the edited orbital elements.
may now be used for the background, giving added display flexibility.
* Fixed bugs in Help:System Info and Colors dialog.
This version is mostly bug fixes based on user reports, notably:
* "Next Pass" now determined based on present UTC, not local (CPU) clock
* Fixed the "resume without error" bug in Print Ephemeris when not printing to
* If map (land/ocean) colors are changed, it is no longer necessary to "clear
display" in each map after restarting the program.
* Observer QTH now displays properly in the Main window.
* Help file displayed automatically if .INI file is not current.
K8CG, 6 May 1995
Converted by Winhelp to Web