[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #175 21.12.97: HESSEN FERNSEHEN - ASTRA 1G - SIRIUS 2

Sat-UK Report #175:
- Hessen Fernsehen testing on Astra
- Astra 1G spotted performing tests
- More of your fave Sirius 2 info
sunday 21st december 1997
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Hessen Fernsehen testing on Astra

Hessen Fernsehen has started testing on Astra 1C transponder 11,068 V,
replaced AstraVision. The transmissions seem to be regular, but the word
"Testbetrieb" (=test operation) is superimposed onto the images. Hessen
Fernsehen will begin properly on January 1st. Also on the same
transponder are several radio channels from Hessen Rundfunk (1, 2, 3, 4,
1 Plus, 2 Plus and XXL), all in ADR.

---------- Astra 1G spotted performing tests

Astra 1G has been found! It is currently at 24.5° east and is performing
tests on several frequencies, including some backup frequencies for the
current satellites at 19.2° east.

---------- More of your fave Sirius 2 info

I think I've spotted a pattern on Sirius, thanx to a Sat-UK subscriber
who put me on the right track. Here in the Midlands, I seem to be
getting the following results. RIK is always perfect, as you would
expect. TV 8, Sci-Fi Channel and Kanal 5 (ie: Nordic beam channels) seem
to be very weak in the morning, but quite strong in the evening. Now I
don't know why this is, but it's there. If you're finding similar
results, or even the opposite, let me know. Here are some more reception
reports:

St. Petersburg (Russia), 1m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Echostar 5700
All channels are excellent
(Mihail Y. Jangolenko)

Belfast, 1m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Nokia 9200
SVT very strong
(Steven Smith)

Now that we've been assessing these two beams for some time now, I'd
like to bring reception reports here to a close, except for what I
mentioned above. Reception reports are very welcome for Intelsat 605,
Astra 1G, and the central European beam on Sirius 2 when it begins
properly.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.

******* VISIT OUR AFFILIATES *******
Sat-City at http://www.sat-city.com/