[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #168 10.12.97: MORE INFO ON SIRIUS 2

Sat-UK Report #168:
- EBN and TV 8 on Sirius; plus more reception reports
wednesday 10th december 1997
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- EBN and TV 8 on Sirius; plus more reception reports

EBN has managed to start successfully on 12,322 V on Sirius 2, in
D2-MAC, alongside the Sci-Fi Channel. EBN is broadcasting from 04.00 to
08.00 every day, and the Sci-Fi Channel is taking the remaining
air-time. In addition, TV 8 (Sweden) has started on 12,207 V in
PAL/clear, which was up until a couple of days ago transmitting Kanal 5.
Reception on my dish is back up to a good strength - I can get a 50%
signal lock on the Sci-Fi Channel, and teletext comes through fine on
Kanal 5.
As for Tele-X, this satellite should now be broadcasting no or very
little stuff, and should soon be relocated for a long and boring life of
feeds - unless you like that sort of thing. The Nordic beam seams to
have become much stronger recently - I'm guessing that they've been
testing it out - last night, I found it almost impossible to get
anything!
A few more reception reports now from some Sat-UK subscribers:

Suffolk: 80cm dish - a few sparklies on Kanal 5; signal lock on Sci-Fi
Channel
("Michael")

Tyne & Wear: 1.2m dish, Nokia Mediamaster 9500 - strong signal on SVT
Europa
(John Tilley)

South of Dublin: 1m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Echostar LT8700 - unable to lock
onto Sci-Fi Channel
(anonymous)
[well, not too surprising, considering your location - ed.]

East Kent: 60cm dish, 0.7dB LNB, Nokia Mediamaster 9600S - SVT is
'crystal clear'; Kanal 5 is 'poor'
(Gerald Tripp)

Iceland: 1.8m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Chaparral SCT - few sparklies on Kanal 5
and Sci-Fi Channel; nothing from European beam
(Olafur B Olafsson)

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.