[Prev][Next][Index]

sat-phone via AOR8000

>Questions:  Hi
>
>I'm interest in receiving voice channels from european satellites.i.e
phones  I have my own scanner AOR8000 and a motorised sat system triple band
lnb & 1 metre dish here in the uk.

>Can you advise as to what else i may need to pick up telephone channels and
what satellites should i try?

>This is only for education and not any commercial gain
>
>Also if ther are any others willing to discuss set ups , please email me
>
>regards
>
>Dave

Dr.Dish:
I believe your AOR8000 is running up to 1900 MHz, which is fine to work in
conjunction with your satellite receiver on scpc-communications.
In Europe most of the analoge scpc-signals are on c-band. Ku-band is mainly
used for data-communications in the 12 Ghz-band and very difficult to decode.
Here are the set-up:

1: Connect a signal splitter between your lnb and receiver (near the receiver)
The signal goes to two ports. One has a power pass. This one is connected to
the receiver, in order to supply your lnb with the voltage. The other port
must be connected to the antenna input of your AOR 8000. BE CAREFUL! No
voltage must pass the splitter in direction of the AOR. Usually this second
port is power protected. Before connecting, do the voltage test.

2: Turn your c-band dish to INTELSAT 1° west and switch to c-band. Adjust
the polarization for TV-Libya. Scan the range between 950 and 1450 MHz in
mode FM-narrow and FM-wide in small steps. Around the Libya-IF you find a
lot of internal communication. For more fun try the opposite polarization
and other INTELSATs (601 and 605 are fine). Also try the older ARABSAT 1C.
Voice and data on FM-narrow and TV-audio in scpc on wide (TELE-Sahel Niger
on Intelsat 21°w).

Advanced users with the proper a/d-decoders and software should try the
business-bands of INTELSAT, EUTELSAT and DFS.

If more people are interested, I could publish the most interesting results
in our "in-sat"-service, which can be subscribed to free of charge via
http://www.tele-satellit.com/

For FDM-telephony you would need a audio-receiver with the range from 0 to
about 5 MHz and able to receive single side band (SSB).
Both kinds of interfering in telecom´s we showed in our tv-show and in
TELE-satellite magazine.

Good luck!