[Prev][Next][Index]

satellite on Reunion Islands

>I've just bought a dish (3,66 meters) and a Startrake 850e (canada) with
>a lnb 17 ° k with a corrotor for reception in band C.I live in REUNION
>Island (france) at 55 °3 E and 21°2 S and I want to know what the
>distance for the single point(focal)is.Can you also tell me what
>satellite will I be able to receive (ex: Can I receive PANAMSAT 4 AT
>68°5 E).Thank you very much
>Eric

Dr.Dish.
To determine the focal length of your dish you need two values:
r=the radius of the dish
c= the depth of the dish

Here are the formula:
         r²
f =   -----------
        4 x c
if you have a 310cm dish with a depth of 60cm it looks like this:
        155 cm²
f=    -----------   =  100.1cm
      4 x 60 cm

From Reunion (St.Pierre) your dish "see´s" from INTELSAT K (21°W) to N-Star
(132° E). PAS-4 is fine for you. To align the dish turn him to the south
(dish back-side and polarmount must be in a 90° position to each other). Set
the elevation of the mount to 68.6° and go down with the decilantion for
3.12°. The dish-elevation should be now on 65.48°. And if you move now the
hole dish (with mount) on the pole very, very carefully to the south you
will get some signals from the INTELSAT 57° E position. Fasten now all bolts
carefully and your dish should run on the orbital trail. For active channels
on this satellite, please consult http://www.satcodx.com/