[Prev][Next][Index]

TS News - Groupe AB Announces Subscriber Numbers

TELE-satellit News, 2 July 1997

Groupe AB Announces Subscriber Numbers
  PARIS, France, 97/07/02 (TS) -- Groupe AB has announced subscriber
figures for its AB Sat's digital DTH service in France. The figures showed
that, as of June 30, 1997, the service had 11,000 subscribers. The company
said this was up from 4,600 as of the end of March. In addition, more than
450,000 cable subscribers
in France, Switzerland and Belgium now receive at least one AB Sat channel,
it said.

  Claude Berda, Chairman and Chief Executive of Groupe AB, said, "AB Sat is
on track as we build up to the crucial Autumn period, despite the fact that
May and June are typically bad months in France from a consumer spending
point of view. As we continue to increase the penetration of our channels
through direct subscription and cable, we believe that the thematic nature
of our channels will prove attractive to advertisers."

  On June 12th, the Simulcrypt agreement with Canalsatellite became fully
operational, allowing Canalsatellite subscribers with dual feed satellite
dishes to access AB Sat's service within 24 hours without changing their
decoder box or smart card.

(c)TELE-satellit 1997. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing list archives]