Subject: Re: Greek ET1 clear in digital
From: Ray Woodward <ray.w@zen.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 October 1997 03:17 AM EDT

In article <344BF015.5C75@salnet.demon.co.uk>, Salar Hassani
<salar@salnet.demon.co.uk> comments ...

>Greek Channel ET1 now called NET became 24 hours as of Mon. 20th Oct.
>Unfortunately not at 7 East Analogue. The good news however is I just
>found them transmitting 24 hours on digital "FREE" and clear on HotBird,
>as part of Multichoice Hellas channel TEST4.

According to my info. you should find it on 'Hot Bird' 3 at 12.284 GHz
Horizontal from October 24th ...

Aparently The Cypriot channel 'PIK 1' is to replace it at 10 east.

Subject: Re: why is disney clear?
From: Geo <geo@planet-z.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 October 1997 03:54 PM EST

In article <345265CC.A2628FE@mailcity.com>, PoP <-pop-@mailcity.com>
writes
>hi!
>i dunno why but when i switched on disney (on astra analogue) just for
>fun yesterday it was clear till the end. and today again. i wonder why i
>can't find a mail containing this. and i couldn't find any news about
>this anywhere. what's going on? i just wondered. if this is no news,
>sorry
>thanks
>PoP

It was advertised last week on some of the Sky channels. They are having
a free promotion weekend. I think it's from 24 - 28 October.

They probably wont show anything special.

--
Geo     www.planet-z.demon.co.uk

Home of European satellite news feed information.

Live news feeds, football and other sport. All for free.

Subject: Re: Sparklies
From: Dominic Sedghi <dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 October 1997 05:00 PM EDT

Marshall Stevenson wrote:

> My brother-in-law has a dish that picks up Astra channels fine ,with the
> exception of Nick/Paramount where there is unacceptable sparklies,any
> suggestions what to do,or an explanation of what is going on?

Get a much bigger dish?
Seriously, this is a very weak transponder - i have a 90cm and i don't
get very good results.

dom

--
Dominic Sedghi, Sat-UK
dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk

Subject: Re: Newbie Question
From: Paul Sengupta <paul.sengupta@nospam.guildford.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 22 October 1997 09:57 AM EDT

Simon Baker wrote:

> Q1. This reciever won't go down to the frequecies for Astra Satellite D is
> there a box or something I can use with this reciever?

Yup, it's called an ADX. Sky will sell you one for 10ukp, or you
can find them on the general market for 15ukp.

You could also buy a new LNB, an "enhanced" one, but all your
frequencies displayed would be 250MHz out.

Have a look at:

http://www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/astra1d.htm

> Q2. If a sky card was stolen could it be traced by where it was used.

No. But when Sky were informed it was missing, it would be switched
off.

--
Paul

==

Ray

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and
include the line
help
in the body of your message.