[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #153 17.11.97: KANAL 5 ON TELE-X

Sat-UK Report #153:
- Kanal 5 leaves Tele-X; long live Sirius
monday 17th november 1997
Email: dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Kanal 5 leaves Tele-X; long live Sirius

Kanal 5, the last remaining analogue channel on the Tele-X satellite,
has finally left. It is now only available from Thor 2 at 0,8 degrees
west. The channel had to leave Tele-X in order for Sirius 2 the commence
testing, which I have not yet seen happen. Sirius 2 will completely
replace Tele-X, as well as provide many more transponders for Europe.
Tele-X will presumably now be moved elsewhere to commence a long and
boring sentence in the slave labour camps of inclined orbit. I have not
been able to confirm whether the reminaing MPEG-2 channels on Tele-X
have left yet - if you have noticed, please let me know.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.