[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK: Report #3 - 10.1.97

Report from the Sat-UK mailing list:
Report #3
TIME OUT FOR SKY
PRO SIEBEN DIE SCHWEIZ

be reproduced without written consent.

in the body of the message. For help, send mail to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net with
help
in the body of the message. Or mail me:  dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk

Please visit these sites and support them:
http://www.bigrp.demon.co.uk	(SatWeb - the UK-Astra information service)
http://www.TELE-satellit.com	(TELE-Satellit - the Satellite magazine)
http://www.satcodx.com		(SATCODX - worldwide satellite charts updated
daily)

And now the news:

---------- TIME OUT FOR SKY TV
Recently, Sky 1 has been showing small clips of other programmes on Sky
1 and Sky 2 to fill up commercial breaks. These involve a Sky 1 Time Out
logo, then the information of the programme displayed at the bottom of
the screen, with some brief clips. Interesting.

---------- THAT SYNCING FEELING
Not an important point, although I thought I mention it. Pro Sieben
Deutschland (tp14) and Pro Sieben Die Schweiz (tp61), which usually show
the same programmes, got slightly out of sync today. Pro7 Deutschland
was about half a minute in front of Pro7 die Schweiz!!! No major
problems here... it just seemed funny to watch something on Pro7D and
then see a reply on Pro7dS!!!

All contents 1997 Dominic Sedghi. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing lists]