From: sat-uk-club@tags1.dn.net on Sun, Mar 29, 1998 11:28 pm
Subject: [SAT-UK-CLUB]: Echostar 8700 upgrade .??
To: sat-uk-club@tags1.dn.net

Hy..
First day in this ML.

I have a LT8700 (version 3), a 1.2 Master channel dish and universal
0.7db
Lnb.
I just had the same problem as Ian and Dominic with the stupid LT tuner
which has a range of 2050mhz.
My solution was to open the lnb, screw the high-band up to have the
right
frequency for my unreachable channels. I must only change the High-band
Lnb
section in the 8700 menu (10600-->10750).
It work's fine until I bought a nokia 9600S three days ago.!!!
I haven't any problems on Thor and some other little sats (the
frequencies
are in low-band) but with astra and the excited birds, nothing happens
I can tell the nokia menu to use a 10750 lnb instead of the universal,
It
detects
the channels normally but nothing appears on the screen.

Beuuuuhhh.

I don't want to use a double universal Lnb, my dish is too far from the
receiver. (double output, double cable !!!)
Is it a solution to upgrade the Lt 8700 up to version 4 (maybe 4.1),
and where can I find it. ???
Does anybody have a better solution. ?

I'm waiting for your mail.
Thanks .
Laurent.

PS: I use a pc-ird software to pilot the lt from my pc.
Is there anything better or newer. ?

[Other mailing lists]