[Prev][Next][Index]

TMF/TV10 with box

>Hello Dr Dish
>
>I wonder if you can answer a question for me?
>
>I have just bought a D-box and have had no problem setting it up so
>far, the firmware upgraded to 2.00 and it scanned channels on Astra
>and Eutelsat (Hotbird) and placed them in memory with no problem,
>however, if I program in a channel by doing a manual search of a
>transponder it will work fine but when I do the same for another
>transponder it over writes the first one that I did the manual search
>for.
>
>Let me give you an example if I may, I manually searched for TMF
>(11.023 H) on Eutelsat II-F3, it programmed the receiver and I
>received TMF, I then manually searched for TV10 (11.015 H) on the same
>satellite, this programmed the receiver and I received TV10, but it
>erased TMF!  This also happens on Intelsat K feeds, APTV and WTN on
>II-F1 and others.
>
>How can I stop this from happening?
>
>I hope that I am not asking a question that has already been asked as
>I don't want to take up to much of your time but if you can help I
>would be gratefull, it may be that the answer is in the menu system
>somewhere but my German is not good .....yet!
>
>Best Regards
>

>Ron

Dr.Dish:
Itīs quite normal. The d-box canīt see a difference between scpc-signals and
stores them allways on the same place. You could work on internal menue with
the proper PID`s for video and audio of the program, but since you canīt
save this parameters it is without any importance. Not all d-boxes are the
same. I got one which separate most of the scpc-signals.
Have a look in TELE-satellite magazine 1-2/97 for the MASCOM 9500 Test. I
tested a beta-version and it did fine. The receiver is based on the original
Nokia Mediamaster and should be on market in end of january. We will test
the final version again.
To get aquinted with the Internal Menue of the d-box we will show M.
Bauerfeindīs video again in drdish@tv on February 14, but this time in the
english language.