[Prev][Next][Index]

=?iso-8859-1?Q?DW=2DTV_via_INTELSAT_1=B0W?=

Q: Thanks for the fine story about the Nigeria-Scams. Here are my question:
for our hotel we would like to install a dish, able to receive Deutsche
Welle TV via the Intelsat at 1° West. The signal comes digital. What we have
to do?
H.W.W. Laan, Pt.Harcourt, Nigeria

Dr.Dish:
First of all a large dish (3.7m) with c-band feed and lnb. The signal comes
on 3.9115 GHz (rhcp). But now comes the problem. First the the rate is 8.022
Msymb/sec (FEC:3/4), which will not accepted by most digital receivers. The
S.A. PowerVu D9234 should do the job, but i am not shure if this receiver is
able to work on c-band. Plse contact Scientific Atlanta, Fax: 770-903-6464
or via the net (sciatl.com). Otherwise you have to work with an upconverter.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
TELE-satellite magazine
drdish@tv your satellite info-channel

[Other mailing list archives]