[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Satellite TV in the USA

>Dear Dr. Dish:
>
>I've just moved from NL to Vermont, USA.  My impression of satellite TV
>in Europe is that one can receive many national broadcastings free (after
>buying the dish of course).
>
>When I ask a dealer in the USA if there are any uncoded/unscrambled
>broadcasts from satellites over the US, I always get "I don't know" or
>"no-your must by a monthly service contract to receive anything".  What
>is the truth?  Their vagueness gives me the idea that there are
>broadcasts to receive for free.
>
>Danke,
>
>Alan Moore
>Bristol, VT 05443

Dr.Dish:
With a larger c-band dish you will receive in the US many free of charge
signals on satellite. A dealer will allways try to sell you some
program-packages, because he makes a living from this.
Have a look into the international frequency list of TELE-satellite magazine
(7-8/96) or check the SATCODX-pages via TELE-satellite online.
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Editor of TELE-satellite magazine
Home-page: http://www.TELE-satellit.com
and
Producer of DR.DISH TV
The first European Satellite Information Channel
Home-page: http://www.sat-net.com/drdish/

[Other mailing list archives]