[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Spectrum analyzer

John Heron schrieb:

> Hi Dr Dish!
>
> I have a 16ft Orbitron on H to H mount with a Pace analogue receiver +
>
> Yuri MPEG rx. in Brisbane, Australia.
>
> Can you suggest or recommend a good spectrum analyser(s) so I can
> search
> the sky?
>
> Also, is there some way I can automatically tell what the symbol rate,
>
> FEC and PID's etc are from digital signals, what equipment
> is available to do this?
>
> Is there any other equipment you can recommend to enhance the system,
> such as devices to improve reception etc. and broaden the
> capabilities?

> Regards
> John H
>                                                  -
>    OzKleen Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd

Dr.Dish:
For a suitable digital/analogue lab the Prolink-7 is fine piece of
equipment. Have a look in TSI 3-4/98 and read the full test. To read out
all data on digital channels you should use a Nokia 9200/9600 with the
FTA-software (Orig.-Nokia). For experiments and to go a little bit
deeper into all relevant data, you could try DVB98 (available free on
the net). Since completly new written software serves the digital
Nokia-receivers, but is not ment to be installed into a receiver on the
customers site for daily use. More as an experiment, but with some
exiting features. Installing is done via the Transbox-software which is
available from http://www.mascom.de
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]