[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: AFRTS-reception

> questions: I would be interested to know is it possible to receive the
> AFRTS package on
> Eutelsat II-F2 satellite @ 10 E (11.178 GHz, V) with any kind of
> MPEG-2/PowerVu
> receiver ? Are the radio channels in AFRTS package also "hard" encoded
> so
> that those canīt be received in any way ?
> Juana

> country: Finland
>
> ----------------

No way to receive the AFRTS-service with the S.A. PowerVu, because the
system is adressable. You will need the permission of the broadcaster
(AFRTS) and then S.A. will provide you with the proper IRD. The original
version of AFRTS-radio (1 channel) is available on INMARSAR (1.537 MHz)
and comes free to air., but you will need the receiving equipment: a
suitable antenna and a, wide-band receiver. To complete set-up was been
published several times TELE-satellite International.

--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]