[Prev][Next][Index]

TS News - Satelit TV Video Survey Results

TELE-satellit News, 9 February 1997

Satelit TV Video Survey Results
  BELGRADE, Yugoslavia, 97/02/09 (TS) -- Each year Satelit TV Video, the
only satellite TV magazine in Yugoslavia, publishes an annual survey of the
satellite and cable TV and radio markets in the country.
More than 500 readers in Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro) and the FYR of
Macedonia took part in the survey. The main results follow, last year's
results are in parenthesis.

  1. Do You Regularly Watch Satellite TV ?
       Yes - 90.94 %
       No - 9.06 %

 2.  Type Of Satellite Reception
      Individual dish household - 85.91 % ( 77 %)
     Cable TV system - 10 % (9 %)
     SMATV system - 4,09 % (2 %) ( in 1995 12 % of our readers watched
satellite TV via terrestrial retransmissions )

 3.  What Type Of Satellite Dish Do You Use ?
     Motorised dish - 36 % ( 38 %)
     Fixed dish - 31 % ( 37 %)
    Dual or multifeed system - 33% (25 %)

 4.  Most Popular Satellites
     Astra - 85.54 % ( 87 %)
    Hotbird - 40.91 %
    Eutelsat II F1 - 31.36 %
    Eutelsat II F2 - 20.91 %
    Eutelsat II F3 - 20.45 %
    Intelsat 602 - 8.64 % ( 17 %) ( in 1995 we listed a cumulative figure
of 59 % for the Hotbird, Eutelsat II F1, F2 and F3 satellites - together)

5.  What Type Of Programs Do You Like To Watch ?
    Sport - 60 % ( 1 )
    Movies - 51.36 % ( 2 )
    Music - 36.64 % ( 3 )
    Documentaries - 22.73 % ( 4 )
    TV series & soaps - 13.18 %

 6.  What Languages Are You Fluent In ?
     English - 81.34 % ( 1 )
     German - 30.91 % ( 2 )
     French - 12.27 % ( 5 )
     Hungarian - 7.27 %
     Russian - 7.27 % ( 4 )
     Italian - 6.82 % ( 3 )

 7.  Do You Receive Teletext Transmissions ?
     No - 72.27 % ( 78 %)
     Yes - 27.73 % ( 22 %)

 8.  What Is Your Favorite Teletext Service ?
    Eurosport Text - 28.39 % ( 1 )
    Sat1 Text - 14.81 % ( 3 )
    DSF Text - 13.58 %
    RTS Text - 12.34 % ( 2 )
    Rai Uno Text - 12.34 %
    RTL TV Text - 9.88 %
    MTV Text - 8.64 % ( 3 )

 9.  Do You Listen To Satellite Radio ?
     I listen regularly - 58.64 % ( 65 % )
     Do not listen - 41.36 % ( 35 % )

 10.  What Is Your Favorite Satellite Radio Station ?
    Virgin - 37.21 % ( 50.9 % )
    N-Joy - 24.8 % ( 27.6 % )
    Sky Radio - 21.7 % ( 28.8 %)
    BBC FM1 - 15.5 % ( 27.6 % )
    RTL Oldparade - 14.73 % ( 14.7 % )
    VOA Europe - 12.4 % ( 11.0 % )

 11.  What Is Your Favorite Satellite TV Station ?
    Eurosport - 61.8 % ( 63.6 % )
    DSF - 33.2 % ( 39.9 % )
    Pro 7 - 31.8 % ( 36.0 % )
    Sat 1 - 25.4 % ( 34.6 % )
    RTL TV - 24.5 % ( 38.8 % )
    RTL 2 - 24.1 % ( 25.4 % )
    MCM - 22.3 %

 12.  What Type Of Satellite Receiver Do You Use ?
    Pace - 15.45 % ( 10.6 % )
    Teletronik Galilei - 7.72 % ( 9.7 % )
    Strong - 5.9 %
    NextWave - 5 %
    Teletronik Kopernikus 5 %
    Amstrad 3.63 % ( 4.8 %)
    Neuhausat 3.60 % ( 10.6 %) 13.  WHAT TYPE OF LNB DO YOU USE ?
    Cambridge - 44.1 % ( 44 % )
    Sharp - 10.9 % ( 16.5 % )
    Grundig - 6.82 %
    Marconi - 2.73 % ( 4.6 % )

 14.  What Is The Size Of Your Antenna Dish?
    120 cm - 55.45 % ( 46 % )
    150 cm - 7.73 % ( 13 % )
    140 cm - 3.64 % ( 7 % )
    80 cm - 3.64 % ( 5 % )
    125 cm - 3.18 %
    Do not know - 9.54 %

 15.  Do You Own a Ddecoder?
    No - 88.37 % ( 90 % )
    Yes - 11.63 % ( 10 % )

 16.  What Type Of Decoder Do You Own ?
    Videocrypt 1 - 5.65 % ( 1 )
    Videocrypt 2 - 3.32 % ( 2 )
    Eurocrypt - 1.33 % ( 3 )
    Other - 1.33 %

 17.  Are You Interested In Receiving Digital Satellite TV Channels?
    Yes - 89.1 %
    No - 10.9 %

 18.  What Electronic Equipment Do You Also Own ?
    VCR - 90.9 % ( 94 % )
    PC - 36.36 % ( 34 % )
    CD player - 48.81 % ( 30 % )
    Video games - 26.36 % ( 22 % )

 19.  Are You Interested In The Internet
    Yes - 75 %
    No - 20 %
    Do not know - 5 % 1

  Source: The 1996 Annual SATELIT TV VIDEO Survey,
  conducted by: SATELIT TV VIDEO magazine, Lole Ribara 45/3, 11000
Belgrade, Yugoslavia
  tel./fax:  381 11 322 4640 e-mail: markovic@telekom.etf.bg.ac.yu
               381 11 322 7142 satelitv@eunet.yu

(c)TELE-satellit 1997. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing list archives]