[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 05/98

SAT-Usenet
05/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- PROBLEMS RECEIVING SIRIUS 2

In article <34ca5053.1128222@news.demon.co.uk>, Andy Lewis
<andylewis@cutthis.xhosa-dev.demon.co.uk> comments ...

>I am wondering if anyone else has noticed a significant difference in
>signal strength between morning and evening (GMT) on TV8, Sci-Fi and
>Kanal 5 on Sirrus 2. I get heavy sparklies in the morning but a
>perfect picture in the evening. I do not get this on PIK on the same
>satellite so I doubt it is my equipment but would like confirmation.

Yep that is what I find, it gets better around tea time - its at its
worst around 07:00 [when its still dark outside] and a serviceable
signal from around 18:00 UTC onwards.

The Horizontal channels are strong 24 hours a day, the problem only
effects the Nordic beam - Vertical ...

==

Ray

- TRY: CANAL+ CODES

24/1 98: New Canal+ key

002B30

B2 45 75 3B 6B D0 35

4320 5601 8602 4413 7414 6125 4606

- TROUBLE WITH A CARD-SLOT

On 24 Jan 1998 01:47:42 GMT, "Luis Martins" <Trutle@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>my videocrypt decoder, only shows " Invalid card"
>even if no card is in the slot
>do u guys know what´s wrong???
>please help me...

The switch that tells the decoder that a card is inserted has probably
got jammed.

If you open the decoder you will find the switch at end of the
cardreader.

REG - Hifiman

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.