Subject: Re: AFN TV
From: crookesp@aol.com (Crookesp)
Date: 21 Sep 1997 11:09:26 GMT

In article <19970921092901.FAA04231@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
goodhikers@aol.com (Goodhikers) writes:

> ONLY personnel living in barracks areas on a US base
>can gain access...via cable linked to master satellite receivers.

And people lioving in certain accommodation
with US connnections.

A friend of mine living in Berlin, ex-US Army, ex-RIAS,
moved into a new apartment and found AFN, four channels of it,
on the cable system in his building.

It's an Amerikanische Viertel, tho (American neighbourhood)
which I suppose in earlier days was where Americans involved
in the now disbanded occupation group would live.

As far as I know, the Scientific Atlanta encryption used
is unique to AFRTS, and has not beren hacked.

*Philip*