Subject: Re: TV3 key attack !
From: Anders Johansson <bojo@interact.se>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 23:34:43 +0100

Karsten Rasmussen wrote:

> Does anyone have the plaintext / cyphertext keys for TV3
>
> --
> Regards Karsten Rasmussen
>
> - A bus station is where a bus stops
> - A train station is where a train stops
> - On my desk I have a workstation ...
>
> Check my homepage for a good offer om sattelite recievers.
> http://www.cybernet.dk/users/karstenr/home.htm
> http://www.cybernet.dk/users/karstenr/sat.htm

Sure!
Here they are:
This is a log from a TV3 card from VIASAT:

ca 88 00 0a 25 ; e0 01 00 e1 04 22 64 04 04 ea 10 74 19 fb 52 73 9a cf
df ba 2f 78 aa 05 7d 73 8c f0 08 a4 c9 d0 a8 20 a6 e2 00 90 00
                 Encrypted data package

ca c0 00 00 12 ; ea 10 01 05 3e 70 9b cf d4 36 0c b8 17 7c 2a 6a 21 c5
90 00
                 Decrypted data package

plaintext (Input ):74 19 fB 52 73 9A CF DF
cyphertext(Output):01 05 3E 70 9B CF D4 36
       or
plaintext (Input ):BA 2F 78 AA 05 7D 73 8C
cyphertext(Output):0C B8 17 7C 2A 6A 21 C5

- A READER ABOUT SKY's NEW POLICY:

Thema:	Re: SAT-Usenet 14/97
Datum:	07.03.97  03:41:40
From:	James Mitchell

  If your newly amended agreement with BSB requires you to return the
  card, then that is your agreed obligation regardless of whether it
  causes you to incur some trivial expense.

  Anyway I doubt if this is a practical issue.  I would hazard the
  guess that this new term is principally intended to arm BSB to
  pursue
  people who obtain cards in order to resell them abroad or to extract

  security components.

A Lawyer writes:

I am not entirely sure that this advice is correct. One party to a
contract cannot unilaterally change its terms. If someone receives a
Series 11 Card as a replacement for a Series 10 Card (ie without
specifically requesting a new one) then both SKY and the subscriber
remain bound by the old agreement.  If you are not prepared to accept
new terms proposed by SKY you may call them and ask them to collect the
Card. No Court in the Land will require you to pay the charges.

[Other mailing lists]