This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- TROUBLE WITH DECODERS AND CARDS

Richard Luckman wrote:

> I have a Pace PRD900 and a Pace MSS100 and was wondering if it is
> possible to connect both receivers to one dish.  I thought maybe you
> could connect the two receivers via SCART, the manuals say that you can
> connect an external decoder onto one of the SCART connectors but do not
> indicate which pins are required.

You can't do this.  The decoder SCART provides baseband output for D2MAC
decoders etc.

> If this is not the right approach can I use one of the dual output LNBs
> I have seen advertised. Are these effectively two LNBs in one box.

Yes.

> My intention is to have both receivers running from Sky. I realise that it
> will require two cards for decoding.

This will work fine.

> Any other cheap suggestions welcome, this does not warrant any large
> capital outlay as it is effectively only so my daughter can watch her
> channels and leave me in peace to watch mine and the odd occassion when
> there is something I want to see on two channels.

Alternatively, you can use a splitter in the output from your existing
LNB.  One output must be DC blocked to prevent both receivers trying to
power the LNB (alternatively, I *think* that the LNB 2 input on the PRD 900
can have it's LNB power turned off, in which case a non-blocked splitter
will do).

The disadvantage of this approach (which will be cheaper) is that one
receiver controls the polarisation (H or V) received by both.  So you
can't view one vertical and one horizontal channel at the same time.

>--  Cheers, Richard

Hope this helps.

Simon Bowditch

- SCI-FI IN THE CTV-PACKAGE?
Knut S. Vikor writes:
> However, another message in rstve said
> Sci Fi Channel would join the CTV package. That might mean that people like
myself,
> who have skipped the CTV as it mostly repackaged free stuff from Astra may
> have to reconsider our options.

A phone call to Telenor CTV last week resulted in the following:

- They declined that Sci-Fi channel had anything to do with the CTV
  package.
- They had not heard that BBC Prime was supposed to start
  transmissions on 1W

[Other mailing lists]