[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [SAT-TOPIC]: Nix da mit xtra

Hi!
My personal opinion is Xtra won't start because ADR broadcasting technology
(transponders) is too expensive for them. As far as I know, MCE uses just
one transponder for their approx. 60 channels, and DMX used several times
more (I think it was 8 channels per transponder or so). When you multiply
number of transponders needed by 100 000 US $ /year or so, it is a sum
Jerry Rubinstein is not willing to pay. Maybe some day Xtra will start, but
in MPEG, not ADR. By that time, MCE with their programmes tailored to the
European's taste will have much of the digital audio market in Europe. Dr.
Gerhard Höhne in his email of 15. October wrote similar opinion, but it
seems the former DMX customers (except me :) ) still wait for the miracle.
I have paid about 800 DEM for Radix ADR system, and I consider it waste
money. Now I'm looking for some kind of d-box to receive MCE, but I'm
confused by large number of very similar models.
Regards,
Domagoj
-----
Domagoj Maric