[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

satellite communication replaces modem?

Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by Paul Kelley (NoleDoc@aol.com) on Fri Dec 13 21:14:16 EST 1996
recipient:  sat-topic@tags1.dn.net

username:  NoleDoc@aol.com

realname:  Paul Kelley

subject:  satellite communication replaces modem?

Questions:  Hello.  Thanks for being here.
Q.  I now have a Gen. Instrument sat. dish for TV.  Instead of upgrading my computer modem to ISDN, is there any near future technology regarding using satellite communications that would be an attractive  alternative.  I know about DirecPC [Hughes].  But I now have a GI big dish and would like to upgrade this system instead of buying a new [and sole purpose] 18 inch dish and system.
Any help with this or references for information?
Thanks very much.
Paul Kelley  {NoleDoc]