[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 96.12.26

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra, Eutelsat Superbeam and Skandinavian Reports.
- D-Box Info, DF-1 Reports and daily Feed Listings.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS REPORT:

- Express 6 testing
- Turksat tests
- Gals Nagravision tests
- Bits & Pieces

Express 6, 80 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/g24.html
---------
Txpr 10 of TV6 on 3.875 GHz, RC, was tested extensively today. Early
morning a complete purple screen could be observed, without sound,
thereafter followed by a normal Russian test card.
Various video test have been performed, with on the normal sound
frequency of 7.50 MHz, at times technical comments, in Russian, from the
studio or up-link controls.

The transmissions of VTV4 appeared also on the new satellite at the
regular times, but in a never before seen quality and a signal that is
much stronger then the original TV6 transmissions.

AST (Kyrillic: ACT) increased broadcast time today on txpr 15, 4.025 Rc.
Long breaks, with a colorbar testcard, between programm contents are
still annoyning. It seems to me that this are feeds, transmitted to be
inserted in the original programming. The AST signal on Raduga 30 could
never be observed again since the appearance on Express 6.

The txpr 14 on 3.983 GHz, Rc, was tested today. A sound carier with test
signal was switched on 7.50 MHz.

INTELSAT 703, 57 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/i703.html
------------
The transmission of Kazahk TV on txpr 65, 11.550 GHz, H, has been
improved over the last three days. Since this morning I can switch the
treshold extension to normal, the picture stays stabil and in colour.
The sound on 7.00 MHz is also much improved.

TURKSAT 1C, 42 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/t1c.html
----------
On txpr 12, 10.971 GHz, H, a test transmission of TRT International
Avrasya in the Euro version has re-apppeared. Similar tests were run a
couple of weeks ago on the same txpr. No sound carrier is transmitted.
Picture quality is very good in Cairo.

GALS 1/2, 36 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/gals1.html
--------
Txpr 1 on 12.168 GHz, Rc, started yesterday evening after 23:00 CET with
Syster/Nagravision encryption tests over a test card. The sound however
stayed in the clear.

HOT BIRD 2, 13 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/hb2.html
----------
RTP Internacional on txpr 50, 11.727 GHz, V, was without any sound
carriers from this early afternoon. Normal TV sound transmission has
been restored in between.

Regarding the superbeam transmissions on this satellite I received
following report from Nicholas Dandalis on the island of Creta:

I tested Polonia 1 on Hot Bird 2 with a 120 cm dish, a cheap Grundig
universal LNB and also cheap Manhattan 7200 receiver. Reception was near
perfect here in Crete, Greece. The signal strength of the superbeam
surpassed our hopes and expectations.

HOT BIRD 1, 13 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.sat-net.com/hb1.html
TV Polonia on txpr 13, 11.471 GHz, H, has been observed transmitting
various 16:9 broadcasts during the last days. A "16:9" message is during
transmission added to the on-screen logo.

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt

Middle East Satellite Info: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
Home Page Egypt: http://www.intouch.com/~hcroom/