[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 96.11.27

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra, Eutelsat Superbeam and Skandinavian Reports.
- D-Box Info, DF-1 Reports and daily Feed Listings.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS REPORT:

- Showtime Promo ceases
- AMOS CHANGES again
- Q&A
- Turksat typo
- Announcement

PANAMSAT 4, 68.4 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/pas4.html
----------
The free-to-air Showtime Network Promotion channel on txpr 14U, 4.120
GHz, V, will cease from 30 November 1996, as seen in on-screen
announcements. In the Showtime Internet pages however is no
corresponding news release filed.

As the digital txm of TNT on Astra go on a 24 hr schedule from 16
December, and these txm are re-transmitted as part the 1stNet package on
this satellite, I'm wondering what is going to happen with the Cartoon
Network, which presently shares the channel. The on-screen info names
presently only TNT, even when the Cartoon Network is on air. Three
unused channels are however still available.

MY QUESTION ON IRIB TV, INTELSAT 703, 57 East
----------------------------
SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/i703.html

> Is it just the weather or did anybody else got improved reception, since
> about a week, of the IRIB (Iranian) channels 1 to 4, on 11.000, 11.055,
> 11.100 and 11.155 GHz, V ? Please let me know...

Gregor Bregar responded from the Middle East:
Yes, I could say so especially for IRIB 1 and IRIB 3. I even had a
chance to test the Drake ESR 800 XT receiver  last week. With treshold
set to step 20 IRIB 1 was practicaly spikeless with 1.8m dish.

Tele-satellit's Dr.Dish had the same experience with IRIB. Itīs about
2dB stronger then some weeks ago in the Netherlands.

In southern Sweden, Christian Lyngemark saw no major improvement.

INTELSAT 703, 57 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/i703.html
---------------------
Sudan TV on txpr 14, 4.010 GHz, Rc, was not receivable this afternoon.
With the return of the txm, later, a heavy over-modulated sound could be
heard on the regular sound carrier of 6.60 MHz.

TURKSAT 1B, 31 East, SATCO-DX: not available while satellite not
operational
----------
In yesterday's request for news on Turksat, I was looking for Turksat 1B
and not as wrongly noted Turksat 1C. Exuse the typo, here again...

As this satellite now should be on this position for several weeks, did
anybody actually see any activity ? I didn't; maybe they are waiting on
the re-positioning of the Arabsat 1C, although without any obvious
reason. The downlink frequencies of both satellites are in a complete
different part of the spectrum.
Is there somebody who can pick up the baken frequency and confirm the 31
degrees east position ? Please let me know ...

ARABSAT 2A, 26 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/a2a.html
----------
Txpr 7, 12.646 GHz, H, (reserved for Kuwait TV) yesterday showing a
colorbar testcard, was today without any sign of activity, no carrier.

EUTELSAT II-f2, 10 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/e2f2.html
---------------
BHT - Bosna i Hercegovine TV is really back on txpr 37, 11.575 GHz.
Sound still on 6.60 MHz. Difficulties with the txpr provider seem to
have dissapeared.
(as yesterday already correctly reported by SATCO-DX)

AMOS 1, 4 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/amos1.html
------
A lot of changes and manipulations on the Middle East Beam lately on
Amos:
On txpr 4U, 11.510 GHz, V, is still txm Israel 2, in addition to txm on
txpr 1U, 11.005 GHz, V.
On txpr 4L, 11.4676 GHz, V, is "IBA CNCT CH1" returned, however without
sound carrier on 6.60  MHz and Radio Kol on 7.20 MHz. That means the
regular TV sound of the transmitted Israeli Channel 1 cannot be heard
from this txpr.
On txpr 1L, 10,968 V, is still Israel 1 broadcasting, however here
without Radio KOL or any other additional sound carrier.
The txm of Channel 3 on txpr 5U, 11.596 GHz, V, have not changed.
Txpr 6L, 11.653 GHz, V, is still txm an empty carrier with full power,
no sound carrier.

MY QUESTION ON MALAGAY TV, EXPRESS 2, 14 West
-------------------------
SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/e2.html

> TV Malagasy (Madagascar) on txpr 9, 3.825 GHz, Rc, has not been seen for
> quite a while yet. What's happening there?

Both Christian Lyngemark and Stefan Hagedorn reported the, by
Intersputnik confirmed, ceasure of Malagasy TV on txpr 9, 3.825 GHz, Rc,
probably due to
txpr failure.

As this report already got quite long, here only a brief overview of the
major players on the "TELECOMP" exhibition from 25 to 28 November 1996
in the
Cairo International Conference Center (CICC). A special report is under
construction and will be mailed soon... with exciting news about Nilesat
1 and the UAE Satellite Thuraya.

In alphabetical order: Alcatel, Arab Republic of Egypt National
Telecommunication Organization (ARENTO), Arianespace, AT&T, Bosch
Telecom, Egyptian German Telecommunication Industries S.A.E.(EGTI),
Egyptian Radio & Television Union (ERTU), Ericsson, Etisalat (UAE),
Egyptian Telephone Company (ETC), France Telecom, Hughes Networking,
IBM, Matra Marconi, Microsoft, Motorola, National Panasonic, Nokia,
Siemens Nixdorf, Orascom, Philips Telecom, Sun Computer Systems, Thomson
TV.

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Owner Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt

For details check my NEW URL: http://www.intouch.com/~hcroom/