[Next][Index]

censorship applied to DTH in mexico

All news and infromation channels on SKY and Directv Latinamerica, as well
as cable, have been suspended until midnight, july 7.

This is due to the elections that will take place july 6. A government law
that prohibits poll results transmitted on TV is responsible for the loss
of the following channels:

CNN
CNN international
Headline News
TV5
NHK
TVE
Galeusca
Telenoticias
RAI
Deutsche Welle
TV Galicia
MSNBC
CNBC

The mexican government is afraid that polls and some reports may change
people's voting decision.

As soon as I heard this notice, I cancelled my SKY service. I feel it is a
very stupid form of censorship. If you are also afected by this, please
write me to: ary@uninet.net.mx to place a formal complaint to the
responsible authorities.

I will also post this in several newsgroups. Please send me your comments
or opinions.

Regards to all list members

Ary Marcoschamer
Monterrey, MX