[Prev][Next][Index]

LIST: (02/15-02/27) Movies in original language on German/Italian satellite tv

List of movies on German and Italian satellite tv that come
at least on one audio channel in the original version:

February 15 - February 27 (time is Central Europe Time)

Su, February, 15:

10:15   Buongiorno Musica!: Rudolf Buchbinder plays Ludwig
RaiTre  Van Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 23 in F min.
|       "Appassionata", Op. 53; stereo; 30 min

14:05   Venezia la luna e tu; Italy, 1958; comedy starring
RaiDue  Alberto Sordi, Marisa Allasio; directed by Dino Risi
|       SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 107 min

16:20   Sentinel - sci-fi tv series; two episodes: "Rogue"
RaiDue  (Ebola) and "Love and Guns" (Amori e armi);
|       SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 100 min

19:00   Lorin Maazel conducts Mozart; Wuerzburg, 1996;
Alpha   violin: Ingolf Turban; 105 min.

20:50   "Breakaway" (Ultimo contratto); USA, 1995; thriller
RaiDue  starring Teri Thompson, Joe Estevez, Chris De Rose;
|       directed by Sean Dash; SUBTITLED in English on Rai
|       Teletext page 778; 94 min

23:45   Effetto Cinema: movie magazine; the interviews are
RaiUno  in original language with Italian subtitles; 30 min

Mo, February, 16:

00:00   Space Night
Alpha

00:35   Aniki Bobo; Portugal, 1941; B&W drama directed by
RaiTre  Manoel de Oliveira; Original version with Italian
|       subtitles; 68min.

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

20:50   "Cutthroat Island" (Corsari); USA, 1995; adventure
RaiUno  movie starring Geena Davis, Matthew Modine; directed
|       by Renny Harlin; SUBTITLED in English on Teletext
|       page 778; 120 min

Tu, February, 17:

00:15   Space Night
Alpha

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

20:50   Come due coccodrilli; It/Fr/UK, 1993; drama starring
RaiUno  Fabrizio Bentivoglio, Giancarlo Giannini, Valeria
|       Golino; directed by Giacomo Campiotti; SUBTITLED in
|       English on Rai Teletext page 778; 95 min

We, February, 18:

00:15   Space Night
Alpha

01:15   Flesh and the Devil; USA, 1927; B&W silent romance
RaiUno  starring Greta Garbo, John Gilbert, Lars Hanson;
|       directed by Clarence Brown; 112 min

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

20:50   "Fight for Justice" (Un giorno col Presidente); USA,
RaiDue  1996; drama starring John Ritter; directed by Waris
|       Hussein; SUBTITLED in English on Rai Teletext page
|       778; 87 min

22:50   "Land and Freedom" (Terra e Liberta'); UK, 1995;
RaiDue  drama starring Ian Hart, Rosana Pastor; directed
|       by Ken Loach; SUBTITLED in English on Rai Teletext
|       page 778; 109 min

Th, February, 19:

00:15   Space Night
Alpha

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

Fr, February, 20:

00:15   Space Night
Alpha

00:30   Premio Tenco 1997 (part 1); with Francesco Guccini,
RaiDue  Chieftains, Jackson Browne and others; 55 min

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

22:50   Brit Music Awards '98; with All Saints, Spice Girls,
RaiTre  Chumbawamba, Fun Lovin' Criminals; stereo; 80 min

Sa, February 21:

00:10   Prima della Prima: 'Fedora' by Umberto Giordano;
RaiTre  with Mirella Freni, Sergej Larin; Orchestra del
|       Teatro Massimo di Palermo conducted by Stefano
|       Ranzani; stereo; 25 min

00:15   Space Night
Alpha

01:50   Jazz Baltica; Gunter Hampel & Nils Landgren;
3sat    stereo; 65 min.

04:55   Rave Around The World; dance night
VOX

10:00   Babylon; tv magazine for foreigners; 60 min.
WDR

13:00   Classic Music; Clara Schumann; stereo;
NDR     45 min.

13:00   Monitor Italia; for Italians in Germany; 30 min.
Bayern

13:45   Classic Music; Clara and Robert Schumann; stereo;
NDR     15 min.

14:00   Boulevard Germany: Berlinale 1998; 30 min.
DW

14:10   "Mystic Pizza" (idem); USA, 1989; comedy starring
RaiDue  Annabeth Gish, Julia Roberts, Lili Taylor; directed
|       by Donald Petrie; SUBTITLED in English on Teletext
|       page 778; 104 min

18:30   ZDF inside report; 30 min.
DW

19:00   Treasures of the World - Heritage of Mankind;
DW      Salvador de Bahia - City of a Thousand Churches;
|       15 min.

19:00   Robbie Coltrane Special; UK, 1989; comedy; original
arte    version with German subtitles; 30 min.

19:05   "JAG" (JAG Avvocati in divisa); action tv series;
RaiDue  SUBTITLED in English on Teletext page 778; 50 min

19:15   Curators of Culture: The Socio-Culture Fund;
DW      15 min.

20:50   "Behind Every Good Man" (Una moglie d'onore); USA,
RaiDue  1996; thriller starring K. Delaney, J. Sheridan;
|       directed by A. Wolk; SUBTITLED in English on Rai
|       Teletext page 778; 87 min

22:20   Encore; Vladimir Spivakov and the Moscow Virtuosi;
3sat    stereo; 55 min.

23:00   "A Stand-Up-Life"; UK, USA, 1992; documentary film
Alpha   by Peter Lydon about the comedian Al Lubel;
|       original version with German subtitles; 55 min.

23:40   "Anne of the Thousand Days" (Koenigin fuer tausend
WDR     Tage); UK, 1969; history drama starring Richard
|       Burton, Genevieve Bujold, directed by Charles
|       Jarrott; MIGHT be in English on one audio channel;
|       140 min.

Su, February 22:

00:25   Space Night
Alpha

01:25   Space Night
Bayern

02:00   Rock Palace; with Iggy Pop, Skunk Anansie, Vivid,
WDR     Beck, Bush, Brings, Rammstein and other; stereo;
|       240 min.

02:35   Jazz Baltica 96; Modern Jazz ensemble nord; stereo;
3sat    45 min.

04:20   Rave Around The World; dance night
VOX

11:05   "Love Happy"[?] (Thee Marx Brothers In Theater);
3sat    USA, 1950; black and white comedy; original version
|       with German subtitles; 85 min.

12:15   Odeon; Tangos; with Daniel Barenboim;
Bayern  55 min.

13:00   Journal and Compact - News and the Week in Review;
DW      Berlinale 1998; 30 min.

14:00   Video Timeline; Part 86) 1973; 15 min.
DW

14:15   EXPO 2000 - The World Exposition Hannover; 15 min.
DW

18:30   Video Timeline; Part 86) 1973; repeat; 15 min.
DW

19:00   H.E.A.T. - Hits, Entertainment and Topics; 60 min.
DW

19:00   The Woman In The Shadow (Die Frau im Schatten),
arte    part 7 of 10; USA, 1919; black and white silent
|       movie series; 30 min.

19:30   Maestro; Heinz Walberg conducts Johann Strauss;
arte    1971; 60 min.

22:30   Treasures of the World - Heritage of Mankind;
DW      Salvador de Bahia - City of a Thousand Churches;
        repeat; 15 min.

22:55   Oprah Winfrey; talk show; guest: Steven Spielberg;
tm3     50 min.

Mo, February 23:

02:05   Space Night
Bayern

04:20   Rave Around The World; Dance Night
VOX

08:45   Reports In English; 15 min.
Hessen

19:00   Germany live: Bergisches Land: Rolling Hills,
DW      Forests and Meadows; 30 min.

19:30   Feature: Buttons and Lace, Ribbons and Bows;
DW      Zapust - the Carnival of the Sorbs and Wends;
|       30 min.

Tu, February 24:

01:05   Oprah Winfrey; talk show; 45 min.
tm3

01:20   Space Night
Bayern

04:45   Rave Around The World; Dance Night
VOX

19:30   Close-up: The Current Feature Report;
DW      Berlinale 1998; 30 min.

23:30   Luzyca; 30 min.
ORB

We, February 25:

00:15   Taubertal Festival: Fiddler's Green; 45 min.
Bayern

01:05   Space Night
Bayern

01:50   Oprah Winfrey; talk show; 45 min.
tm3

04:40   Rave Around The World; dance night
VOX

14:00   Disco 1972; 50 min.
3sat

19:00   European Journal - The European Magazine; 30 min.
DW

19:30   Feature: Marieluise Fleisser - The Frosts of
DW      Freedom; 30 min.

21:40   Manon Lescaut; opera by Puccini; Royal Opera House,
arte    1983; with Kiri Te Kanawa, Placido Domingo;
|       130 min.

Th, February 26:

00:00   Eurotops; with Chris Isaak, Roy Orbison, Alice
NDR     Cooper; 45 min.

01:20   Oprah Winfrey; talk show; 45 min.
tm3

01:50   Space Night
Bayern

05:25   Rave Around The World; dance night
VOX

19:00   Arts Unlimited - The cultural magazine; 30 min.
DW

19:30   Feature: Putting Hitler in the Bin; The Holocaust:
DW      A Theme for Schools in Germany; 30 min.

23:25   "Uncle Moses" (Onkel Moses); USA, 1932; black and
arte    white drama starring Maurice Schwartz, Judith
|       Abarbanell; original version with subtitles;
|       80 min.

Fr, February 27:

00:00   Round Midnight; jazz; Hal Galper Quartet, 1996;
WDR     stereo; 60 min.

01:20   The Living Body (Der lebende Leichnam); Germany,
ZDF     USSR, 1928/29; black and white silent movie drama
|       directed by Fedor Ozep, after a play by Leo
|       Tolstoi; stereo; 125 min.

01:20   Space Night
Bayern

01:30   Oprah Winfrey; talk show; 45 min.
tm3

04:30   Rave Around The World; Dance Night
VOX

14:00   Absolute live: Tab Two; stereo; 45 min.
3sat

15:15   "Saboteur"; USA, 1942; black and white thriller
WDR     starring Robert Cummings, Priscilla Lane, Norman
|       Lloyd, directed by Alfred Hitchcock; MIGHT be in
|       English on one audio channel; 105 min.

18:55   Mr. Bean, part 8 of 13; UK, 1994; comedy series;
ARD     30 min.

19:30   regarding - The Story of the Week; 30 min.
DW

Information for first time readers of this list:

- This list is available as weekly e-mail from a list server
  provided by TELE-satellit. Just send an e-mail to
  majordomo@tags1.dn.net with the line
     subscribe sat-guide <your e-mail address>
  in the mail body (not in the subject line). You can also
  write 'help' in the mail body.

- There is a program available with which you can convert
  the time of the list entries (and the start of a new day)
  according to your time zone. The source code and a DOS
  executable are available at
  http://www.germany.net/teilnehmer/101/59414/index.htm
  If you don't have WWW access just write me to send you
  the source code as e-mail. (At the above URL you can also
  find links to the tv stations of this list.)

- Most entries contain first "in quotes" the original title
  of a movie or, if the original title is not know to me,
  not in quotes the translation of the German title. Then,
  if of any interest, e.g. to identify the movie in a
  teletext listing, the German title follows (put in
  parantheses).

- Space Night: see on Bayern's teletext page 371 for
  detailed information of the current week's program.

- Because there are still four non-crypted music channels
  on Eutelsat, I don't include broadcastings of video
  clips, but I do include rock concerts, jazz and classical
  music. If anyone is interested in video clips or any
  other kind of music, please tell me by e-mail.

- A note about 'arte': English movies sometimes have German
  subtitles on the Astra transponder and French subtitles
  on the Eutelsat transponder or are only French dubbed on
  the Eutelsat transponder or are only German dubbed on the
  Astra transponder and might be in the original version on
  Astra, 7.38 MHz.

- Cross-posting, reprinting or distributing this list in
  any way is VERY WELCOME.

Frequencies of the tv stations:

ARD                    Astra 11494 h
ZDF                    Astra 10964 h
WDR (West 3)           Astra 11053 h
SWF (Suedwest 3)       Astra 11186 v
NDR (Nord 3)           Astra 11582 h
Bayern (Bayern 3)      Astra 11141 h
MDR (MDR 3)            Astra 11112 h
Hessen                 Astra 11068 v
ORB                    Astra 11656 v
BR-Alpha               Astra 11686 v
3sat                   Astra 11347 v
RTL                    Astra 11229 v
Super RTL              Astra 11391 h
tm3                    Astra 10936 v
SAT1                   Astra 11288 v
RTL2                   Astra 11214 h / Eutelsat 11095 h
VOX                    Astra 11273 h / Eutelsat 11593 h
arte                   Astra 10714 h / Eutelsat 11080 v
DW                     Eutelsat 11163 v
RaiUno                 Eutelsat 11363 v
RaiDue                 Eutelsat 11449 v
RaiTre                 Eutelsat 11532 v

Suggestions, comments and additions are always very welcome
and appreciated!

Lars Bergengruen                    101.59414@germanynet.de

                                    Fido: 2:2453/30.7

[Other mailing lists]