[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: moving to Portugal

At 15:05 21.10.1997 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to know if I can take my  American C-Band system to Portugal
>when I move over there. Will I be able to get any kind of reception? If not,
>can you tell me what kind of system can I take with me? Regards  and my
>sincere thanks. My e-mail adress is Alges@aol.com

Dr.Dish:
Your dish will do fine overhere, since you are used to have larger c-band
dishes in the US. A problem could be the feed and the Ku-band LNB. Most
ku-band signals in Europe are linear - with the exception of a few
DTH-satellites. C-band is to 90% circular (rhcp and lhcp). The ku-band is
used between 10.7 and 12.75 GHz. A receiver with a tuner up to 1450 MHz is
useless for ku-band reception.
In the c-band you will receive with a 3m-dish quite a lot of international
programming in good qualily. This goes from Russia, the Middle East, Europe
to Africa. For information of receivable channels, please consult the
official list of SATCODX at http://www.satcodx.com or use the world-wide
channel-listings in TELE-satellite International.
If you like to know the azimuth and elevation for choosen satellite, just
point your mouse in satcodx-charts on your new location and you get the
parameters for your dish.