[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: SIS Decoder

At 17:24 17.09.1997 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Dr. Dish,
>I am a sports fan and I would like to buy a SIS (Sound in Sinch) decoder to
>watch the numerous EBU feeds on Eutelsat IIF4. I 've been told that these
>transmissions will stop in a short  time  because of the imminent digital
>nettwork created  by EBU. Is this true? And would such decoder be useful in
>any case since not all the country will completely abandon analogue
>transmissions?>
>Thanks in advance, F. Porta (Merate - Lecco), ITALY

Dr. Dish:
S.S.P., P.O.Box 650, NL-3800AR Amersfoort/Netherlands would be one point to
obtain a good working Sound in Sync.decoder. On the other hand the change to
digital will come now very fast. After discuss this matter with different
people during the IBC in Amsterdam we know now the new standard will be
MPEG-2 4:2:2. A full report will be published in the next issue of
TELE-satellite International. So it´s up to you to decide if for a short of
time the SiS-decoder is of any value.