[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: LNB with/without Polarizer

>Hello!
>
>I would like to buy a FULL BAND LNB
>I have noticed that there are two types of LNBs.
>
>1) A LNB with 13/18V polarization switching
>2) A LNB without polarizer.
>
>So the question is if we can use a LNB ad 1) to receive signals from
>different satellites (with a motorized dish).
>
>Or we have to use a LNB ad 2) with an external polarizer (more
>expensive)?
>
> Many thanks for your help.

>Pavel Bocek
>student
>Czech Technical University
>Prague, Czech republic

Dr.Dish:
For a motorized dish I would advice to do it in the old proper way and use a
lnb with separate polarizer. Turning your dish extreme to east or west will
need some fine adjustemnt of skew and can be done only with a polarizer.
Also to play around with ciruclar signals (even if your feed is linear) the
adjustement could do some good.