[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: About the 8 French programs TV for Africa

At 16:14 21.04.1997 +0200, you wrote:

>     For december 1997, this "french bouquet" would be located on Intelsat
>     801.  With this satellite a direct reception will be permitted with
>     dishes less than 1,50m (in mumérique mode).
>
>     My question is :
>
>     Do the german D-Box or Nokia 950or 9500C will be the good choice for
>     a numérique reception with the DRAKE ESR2000 receiver ,
>
>     It's for the Réunion Island in Indien Océan.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Dominique Jean-charles

Dr.Dish:
In your case the Drake will only steer your antenna and change the
polarization. The real work is done by the digital receiver. To be on the
safe side, I would recommend for reception the MASCOM 9200S, based on the
Nokia 9200S and made for Mscom as a free to Air receiver. Please contact Mr.
Gruber at Mascom via <grusat@aol.com> or visit the homepage
<http://www.mascom.de>. In TELE-satellite International issue 5-6/97 a test
of this receiver will be published.