[Prev][Next][Index]

MASCOM

When we can expect the first test of the new Mascom digital receiver here on
the net and is this some kind of tuned up 9500S?
D. Donecek, Germany

Wann ist der erste Test des neuen Mascom hier im Net zu erwarten und handelt
es sich hier um einen aufgemotzten 9500S?

Dr.Dish:
At this moment we are testing this receiver and you can read the results in
issue 5 of TELE-satellite International. A test-report in this or other
Internet-news providers of TELE-satellite International is out of question.
The magazine is on a world wide basis available.
The MASCOM Mediamaster 9200S is NOT some kind of modification, but official
build by NOKIA for MASCOM. To give you some first impressions:
MCPC and SCPC in the Ku- and C-band
Compatible with the European Bouquet via Asiasat II
Runs not only on true DVB, but also on PowerVu FTA
A very fast machine compared to other MPEG-receivers
Software updates are provieded via the RS 232 and this updates are available
via Mascoms homepage <http://www.mascom.de>
As a FTA receiver it comes without CAM, but will accept your own CAM. First
tests with CAM and cards for DSTv, MultiChoice and DF1 delivered good
positive results.
Controlling the receiver via the RS 232 should quite easy and we will pass
on this receiver to Dr.Overflow for doing some homework and providing are
suitable Window-program.