[Prev][Next][Index]

4x5m dishes in Curitiba, Brazil

We got an order to install a earth terminal in Curitiba, Mato Grosso/Brazil.
This installation must be able to receive signals of just 24 dBW in the
c-band. Meaning a 10m dish should be installed. Impossible to get this size
here. Do we get the same result in switching three 3m dishes together?
Hancock S.A., Curitiba

Dr.Dish:
Wrong counting. What you need is a bunch of 4 x 5m dishes to get the result
of one 10m dish. About 3 years ago (I believe it is the issue june 94) I
wrote a story about your very situation for TELE-satellite. At that time the
job was been done a little bit further to the south by DH-Antenna. I would
suggest you contact DH directly, because it´s the company I know which got
practical experience in this field.
(DH, 600 N.Marquette Road, Prairie du Cien, WI 53821, USA, Fax: +1-608-326-4233)