[Prev][Next][Index]

EUTELSAT News

In a very costly fax-service I found a message from Eutelsat/Germany with
the statement that the TELEPIU-package is not receivable with a proper card
and using the d-box from Germany and I would have to buy a italian digital
receiver. true or not?
A. Legasse, Luzern

Dr.Dish:
True AND not true. Software-updates of the original d-box made this receiver
to a anti-european box. Fortunatly we got in Europe some smaller companies,
offering this box or the mother-box (Nokia Mediamaster 9500) in a modified
version. This versions are truly european and will accept a dutch, belgian,
skandinavian, german or italian card. Additional information: TELEsatellit
1-2/97 and the following issues. Also in drdish@tv we will discuss the
matter again (and again).