[Prev][Next][Index]

HAWAII

>Dear Dr. Dish, I purchased a 10 ft. dish while living on the mainland
>but since have relocated to the Hawaiian Islands. My question is will I
>still recieve signals. I dont know where to point it or if Ill recieve
>the same satellite feeds. Can you shed any light on this for me?

Dr.Dish:
Theoretical you dish sees all satellites from 177°west to 180° East. This
quite a lot. If you have a polarmount, here are some data (calculated for Hilo):
Magnetic variation: 10.2°E
Modified polar elevation: 69.82°
Modified apex elevation: 66.86°
Modified polar axis: 20.18°
Modified apex declination: 23.14°
Modified declination offset: 2.95°
(Source: SATMASTER PRO)

Here are some satellites:
Satcom C1 at 137°W: 32 dBW C-Band
Satcom C4 at 135°W: 32 dBW C-Band
Galaxy 5 at 125° W: 32 dBW C-Band
Galaxy 4 at 99°W: 32 dBW C-Band
Telstar 401 at 97°W: 33dBW C-Band/42dBW Ku-Band
Galaxy 3R at 95°W: 32 dBW C-Band
Telstar 402R at 89°W: 33dBW C-Band/42dBW Ku-Band
PAS-2 at 169°E: 29 dBW C-band

This list is only an example. There many more satellite receivable on
Hawaii. Have a look into TELE-satellite magazine 7/8-96 for the worldwide
channellist or just look to the homepage of satco-dx (link via
http://www.TELE-satellit.com)

Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel
live via DFS-II (28.5°E)