[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CBS on Brazil

>        I live in Brazil (near S. Paulo city - SP), own a 5m dish and would
>like to tune the majors American network TVs, especially CBS.
>
>        Would it be possible? How? Do you need more informations?
>
>Thank you
>Leo

DR.DISH:
You could try it on several GALAXY-satellites, but it will be a very noisy
picture. CBS comes via GALAXY 91°W on 4080H but it is encoded in VideoCipher
and the conus-beam does not reach your area. For frequencies have a look at
SATCO-DX (via TELE-satellit online) or in TELE-satellite magazine (7/8,96)
with worldwide frequency charts and all footprints.
Some major networks are received near Curitiba, but with a 8m solid dish and
the quality is poor.European channels from EUTELSAT and ASTRA are seen in a
better quality then US-satellites. just give it try (if your dish ia a solid
one)
Good luck!
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel