[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-Tv out of Nigeria?

Q:From different sources I learned about a new satellite station from
Nigeria is on horizon. Years ago, we could Nigerian-TV via one the Intelsat.
Do you have any more information and which satellite could be used?
Dr.J.J.N. Melrose, Banjul, Gambia

Dr.Dish:
This rumours are around for some while. A program-guide from the Netherlands
named as the owner of the new channel the Minaj Systems Group from Lagos.
My own investigations revealed that Nigeria got 18 uplinks, but only 7 are
able to transmitt video:
ENUGU 2 serves INTELSAT 604 in the c-.band
ENUGU 3 serves INTELSAT 604 in the c-band
KUJAMA 1 serves INTELSAT 603 in the c-band
LANLATE 1 serves INTELSAT 604 in the c-band
LANLATE 2 serves INTELSAT 605 in the c-band
VICTORIA ISLAND 1 serves INTELSAT 603 in the c-band
VICTORIA ISLAND 2 serves INTELSAT 604 in the c-band
This means a lot of choices, but I would bet on INTELSAT 604 at 60° East
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel
live via DFS-II (28.5°E)

[Other mailing list archives]