[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: IF bandwidth

>Dear Dr.Dish,
>
>I am looking for the satellite receiver which the user can change
>IF bandwidth finely. I know Drake ESR700e and Echostar LT-830
>has such function. Do you any other model?
>I also would like to know the reason why narrow IF bandwidth
>reduce picture noise.
>Hakamata Atsushi
>Yokohama, Japan

Dr.Dish:
Have a look on the DRAKE ESR800xt which offers audio and video
thresholdextension. Just reducing the IF bandwidth is the chaepest way to
work on weak signals, but this method does not lower a demodulator
thresholdlevel. It simply reduces picture resolution. A better way is to
extend the threshold by using a PLL-circuit. It retains the a the required
IF bandwidth and so the picture resolution.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]