[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Gals / What and how ?

>Dear Mr. Mass,
>
>Our family is very much interested to receive Russian television with
limited dish size.
>Max. 1.20 - 1.50 mtr.
>I'm very confused about the possibillities to receive Gals from my position.
>The Dutch FSW magazine shows Russian NTV and 2x2 on Ku band transponders,
recommended
>dish size >1.5 mtr.
> According to my calculations, the deviation should be appr. 5 degrees from
were I live.
>( 51.50 N - 04.59 E)
>5 degrees is no problem, I have free vision in that direction. (top of flat
roof)
>People from the shop were I want to buy a compleet system told me however
that it is impossible
>to receive Gals. (They never had this question before.)
>
>My next question is how succesful can be receiption of C-band and KU-band
with an
>1.20 mtr. off-set dish.  (to avoid shadow on dish).
>C-band mainly for Gorizont 40 degrees East and 11 degrees West.
>
>Please advise us.
>Thanking you on beforehand,
>
>John Griffioen.

Dr.Dish:
The elevation for GALS is at your place 5.77°. Signalstrength of this
satellite is very unreliable. So I would advice a dish not smaller then of
160cm primefocus or 145cm offset. But there is still no guarantee to get a
steady and good signal because the Russians are still testing on this
satellite. Today we got on 150cm a noise free picture (51.6°N/5.9Ê) on this
satellite (NTW).
120cm offeset for 40°E is fine, but on 11°W you will need an two axis motor,
because tis satellite is in inclined orbit. Why not try the EXPRESS on 14°W?
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]