SAT-DONETSK  # 12

November 1, 1997.

HOT BIRD 1:
	SISAL TV IS ENCRYPTED

HOT BIRD 3:
	IRANIAN SATELLITE TV WILL APPEAR SOON

Hot Bird 1:  http://www.satcodx.com/hb1.html
SISAL TV on 11.371 H is encrypted now.

SD comment: As we assumed (see SAT-DONETSK  # 2), this TV channel was
encrypted. Probably, for ever...

Hot Bird 3:  http://www.satcodx.com/hb3.html
International Ettelaat Daily which is published by Iran's government has informed
that the Iranian Satellite TV is to be broadcast in very near future. The technical
information is not complete, but the satellite to broadcast the programs is Hot
Bird 3. There is no mention of frequency.
The programs will be 21 hours in Farsi and 3 hours in English and Arabic. They are
planning to use English subtitles on some of the programs. The programs planned
are SALAAM HAMVATAN, family programs, children programs, teaching Farsi,
sites of Iran and the world, different cultural magazines, sports programs, Iranian
traditional music etc.

SD comment: The plans not always coincide with a reality. Let's wait - we'll see !

Best Regards
Yuriy Pechurkin
maxim@int.donetsk.ua

[Other mailing lists]