This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

Thema:	 CTU 900 D2MAC Decoder
Datum:	25.11.97 17:30:32 MEZ
From:	chris.nye@rrds.co.uk (cmrnye)
To:	owner-sat-usenet@tags1.dn.net ('owner-sat-usenet@tags1.dn.net')

Sirs,
	Reference to an e-mail posted yesterday re the above, I too had trouble with
the instructions/set-up etc & in the end managed to obtain a copy of a User
Manual (in English) for a CTU 902 decoder from Philips themselves. The unit
is very similar to the 900 model. If anybody is interested I will send them a
copy of the 902 manual if they send an SAE (A4 size if possible) to the
address that follows.

Best Regards

Chris Nye

23 Mowbray Avenue
Byfleet
Surrey
KT14 7PG

- Thanks Chris, that is very much apreciated !!!!

AGAIN: CNN THE FIRST ?

Once upon a time Ray Woodward <ray.w@zen.co.uk> wrote:

>>In article <347acf57.4926793@news.demon.co.uk>, Turbo <?@?.?> comments
>>

>>>Well I may be getting things confused here but wasn`t CNN transmitting
>>>before Sky news ?. I was getting CNN in the early 80`s from 27.5W in Ku.
>>>Bob.

>>Ah yes, but who was the first to operate *from* Europe ..?
>>
>>CNN may well have been the first 'on-air' but I reckon Sky News was
>>broadcasting from a European base [IE London] *before* CNN opened
>>facilities over here ...
>>
>>==
>>
>>Ray

Yes,,o.k. Ray I`ll concede that point. However I feel it was CNN`s
influence that gave rise to Sky News and even some of its format -
remember the blatant copying of CNN`s programme "Crossfire" which Sky
nicked and put in Tebbitt and Mitchell in their version.
Bob.

http://www.turbo.demon.co.uk/

"Meat is murder - but fish is justifiable homicide"

Ray Woodward wrote:

"CNN may well have been the first 'on-air' but I reckon Sky News was
broadcasting from a European base [IE London] *before* CNN opened facilities
over here ..."

Depends on what sort of "facilities" you're referring to.  CNN has had a
news bureau in London since its start in 1980; on the other hand, AFAIK the
CNN International service still comes from Atlanta.  It's not a "European"
service, and isn't intended to be one any more than BBC World is.

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and
include the line
help
in the body of your message.