NHK World TV
NHK will broadcast news and programs in digital format to almost every part
of the world from April, 1998.
This is the start of " NHK World TV," a real time news and program service
available to every household that installs the recepiton equipment.
It is due to start in April in the Asia-Pacific region, and from October in
of the world
* "NHK World TV" is an international broadcasting service of NHK, the Japan
Broadcasting Corporation.Anyone can see it simply by installing an
other reception equipment. The service is not scrambled.
* The service is broadcast 18 hours daily, from 07:00 a.m.01:00 a.m. the
day, Japan time. It consists of news, information programs, teletext news,
weather reports, program guides, etc.
* "NHK World TV" is broadcast in two formats, both NTSC and PAL.
* A special contrast is required for reception of this service by
stations, cable TV stations, hotels, etc.
* NHK's present TV international Broadcasting and TV-Japan services in North
America and Eurore will remain unchanged.
When it Begins
"NHK World TV " starts in areas shown on the map according to the following
* Asia-Pacific Region (PAS-2 Satellite)
------From April 1st, 1998
*Southwest and Central Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Europe
-----From October 1st 1998
*South and North America (PAS-5 Satellite)
-----From October 1st, 1998
[Other mailing lists]