[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: receiving Hebrew television

rdirks@hvision.nl wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> I'm living at Sittard in the Netherlands and would like to receive Israeli
> (or Hebrew spoken) television. Do you know if this possible? And if yes
> could you give me some technical details (name of satellite, minimal disk
> diameter).
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Rene Dirks
As a neighbor (Schinveld) I know the situation from own experience. The
INTELSAT 707 on 1 degree west still  carries one channel (2) in the
Ku-band on 11.013 V, but you would need a hell of antenna for a noisy
signal. Our 2.4m dish just sees a little bit and monitor-stations from
Austria with larger dishes 3.7 and 4.5m reporting a picture in b&w and
very noisy. Channle 1 and 3 of IBA are on AMOS at 4 degree West. Here
also a spot-beam is used and this means no chance at all to see anything
up here in the north. Sorry, to upset you. The old Intelsat on 1 degree
west delivered in past some watchable pictures under use of a digital
threshold extension.
--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Editor of TELE-satellite International